Minutes from the Ulster Project Cincinnati General Meeting
March 21, 2013
Wyoming Public Library
Members present: Lorrie Hodge, Andy Tepe, Joe Hardiman, Brian Hubers
Financial update (Joe)
• Money has been wired to Enniskillen for the Northern Irish Teen’s airfare for July’s trip.
• This has taken our account balance to about $4100.
• Going forward there will be just enough cash to fund the program. Only carryover funds will be what is made at Ulster Irish night.
• Followup letter to past donors who did not donate this year will be sent out in the next month by Andy.
• Ryan’s golf outing
• Andy will call to get contact information from Mike Annis or Ann Lauber.
• This event netted about $675 for the project last year.
• Party in the Park; Carla Romanelli is our contact for this opportunity and will let us know when a date has been given to the project.
Ulster Irish Night
• Date has been confirmed for July 20, 2013 from 6:30 – 10:00pm.
• Venue has changed to St. Ignatius Cafeteria & Auditorium at no charge!
• Donation letters to be processed and mailed to past donors of auction items by Julie Klensch.
• Major prize is still undecided. Andy will contact the Phinians of NKY to ask for another donation for this as they had last year.
• Would like to advertise in the St. I’s bulletin and maybe target the 4:30 Mass crowd to come after Mass and join us for auction prizes and stew!
Calendar committee update
• Major events scheduled thus far are:
• Winton Woods Adventure Outpost
• Kings Island
• Reds Game request is sent; possible dates July 1 or 5
• Opening & Closing Ceremonies & Closing Ceremony reception
• Calendar Committee will coordinate calendar of events with new Discovery theme. Saturday March 23 meeting to merge new curriculum with service projects.
• Calendar committee will have a tentative calendar together for the April meeting to allow the program sponsors to have time to send their donations for tickets etc.
Host Family update
• Thus far there are 9 teens confirmed. Still need 2 Protestant boys and 1 Protestant girl.
• Recruitment of teens still ongoing. Brian and Beth have reached out to several Protestant groups in an effort to find our remaining candidates.
• One counselor interview has been scheduled for April 1.
• One of our selected teens family are actively helping in the recruitment of a Protestant counselor.
• Still recruiting for more candidates.
Prayer and dismissal by Andy. Meeting adjourned at 7:30pm.
The April 2013 General Meeting will be on Thursday, April 18, from 7:00-8:30 pm at the North Central Public Library 11109 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45231.