The next General Meeting for the Ulster Project Cincinnati will be held this Thursday, February 21st, from 7:00-8:30pm at the Madeira Public Library Branch (7200 Miami Ave., Madeira, OH 45243). Officers and committee members are expected to attend, and everyone else is encouraged to attend.
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! This year, we will be walking in the parade downtown on Saturday, March 16th. Please join us for the fun and festivities!
Schedule for the morning o’ the 16th:
10:00am: Participants meet in the parade assembly area near Eggleston and Reedy streets
11:00am Parade assembly area closes
11:50am Lead band plays the National Anthem
12:00 Parade step off
For more information, contact Becky Altenau at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the parade site at http://www.cincystpatsparade.com/
Minutes from Ulster Project General Meeting, January 24, 2013
Members present: Andy Tepe, Jennifer King, Joe Hardiman, Julie Klensch, Lorrie Hodge, and Beth Hollis
Meeting called to order at 7:05
Call to order and prayer by Jennifer King
1. Financials were handed out by treasurer
2. Joe & Andy will work on finalizing the budge, to give to the Friendly sons for yearly donation request by deadline of January 31.
1. Per our contact, the calendar for Party in the Park & Live at Five events to be worked on in the next week. We will then know dates for the events and will have an idea of how many we can work.
2. It was discussed that we need to work a minimum of 3 but would like to work 6 or 7 to help build up the general fund
3. Parking for Peace is on Sunday March 17th. Lowrys are in charge of coordinating volunteers for this event.
4. Jennifer has mentioned we should try to incorporate 3 shifts because of missing out in the past on the “Kegs & Eggs” crowd. It was decided to add the morning shift.
5. Ulster Project Cincinnati will also walk in the St Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday the 16th. This is not a money maker, however good exposure for us.
Airfare for NI Teens
1. Tentative dates were originally Arrive 6/28 & Depart 7/28
2. Jennifer has tried numerous times to get a confirmation from Katie & or Linda of the Ulster Project in Ireland, but has gotten no responses back. She will however, continue to try.
3. Andy also was going to contact Linda in Ireland to see if he could get a response about the airfare.
4. Andy has suggested we give it 2 or 3 more weeks to evaluate the travel situation. If no progress is made, then Ulster Project Cincinnati has decided to split from Madison & use our own travel agent. We would get the airfare for the Cincinnati Irish teens booked and not wait any longer for the others to respond. We will possibly call Brian Hubers for the contact info for his travel agent.
1. Dates have been set for the following: Opening Ceremony 6/29; Winton Woods Adventure Outpost 6/30-7/1; Ulster Irish night – 7/20; Thanksgiving 7/23; Closing Ceremony 7/27.
2. Discovery will change this year to be more intense and meaning full. Julie & Jennifer are revamping the curriculum and additional hours will be spent on Discovery.
3. We are going to try to tie in the service projects and Discovery to each other. And possibly have longer sessions with the teens arriving at 4 and working until 6 then breaking for dinner and resuming at 6:30 or 7, and parents having their logistics session at that time.
Host Family Committee
1. To date there have been 14 applicants and all interviews will be finished by next week. (Jan 28 th)
2. Beth Hollis has asked that possibly in the future a “recruiting packet” or folder be created to hand out at open houses and other events to peak interest.
3. Still looking for Counselors. Have a Protestant & Catholic Female applicant, still looking for Protestant & Catholic Male.
Next General Assembly Meeting 2/21/2013, 7:00 pm, Madeira Public Library