Our Ulster Project friends in Madison, Indiana, are inviting anyone in the Cincinnati Project to join them tomorrow on a March for Peace in honor of the policeman killed last week in Northern Ireland.
Ulster Project of Madison, Indiana, March for Peace
Sunday, April 10, 2011, 1:00 pm, Prince of Peace Parish, 413 E. Second St., Madison, IN 47250
In honor of Constable Rowan Kerr who was killed last week by car bomb in Omagh.
Ulster Project Cincinnati Board Meeting: All are welcome. Thursday,
April 28th, 7:00-8:30pm at Panera, 9530 Colerain Ave., Cincinnati, OH
45251. Agenda items include:
1. Treasurer’s Report
2. Fundraising: FSSP Golf Outing and Glee Club
3. 2011 Calendar
4. 2011 Host Families and Open House
5. 2011 Crossroads
6. 2011 Irish Night
7. 2011 Spiritwear
Minutes from the March Board Meeting on March 24:
1. Opening Prayer
2. Parking for Peace
Very nice night; UPC made $810 parking cars from 5-9 in the Pleasant Ridge area.
We have all our fund raisers in for the year. Need to look at expenses for the summer activities.
4. Fund Raisers
1) Clovernight at Clovernook: A nice time. Thank you to all.
2) Mailings: We are getting some money in, but it is down a bit.
3) Other ideas: Brainstormed ideas that would be new; or is it time to revisit some older ideas?
5. Summer 2011
1) Host Families: Interviews have begun and literature has been sent out. Probably should have an Open House-one east side, one west side for potential teens/families.
2) Spiritwear: Discussed pricing and a meeting to go over design ideas.
3) Calendar: preliminary calendar that the group went over.
Paypal is now up and working. Concerns about some members not receiving emails about the meetings. Will need to revisit about how often info is going out and to which groups.
7. Special Request
The Louisiana UP requested a $100 donation from all US UP’s. They have the national convention there in Nov. A motion was made and it was approved by all present. A check will be sent.